India’s Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in ISSF World Cup
Ace Indian shooter Sanjeev Rajput bagged silver medal in men’s 50-metre rifle 3 position event of the ISSF World Cup in Baku Ajerbaijan.
This is the third World Cup medal and his first in five years, Rajput finished seventh in the qualification with a score of 1167 in kneeling, prone and standing position.
China sets up first Dark Sky Reserve in Tibet to limit light pollution
China has established country’s first dark sky reserve for astronomical observation to limit light pollution and preserve sites for making astronomical observations in the Tibetan prefecture of Ngari, bordering Nepal and India.
The reserve sprawls over an area of 2,500 square kilometres was jointly iniated by the China Biodiversity Conservation and Green Development Foundation (GDF) and the regional government of Tibet.
The dark reserve is an area that is kept free of artificial light pollution to preserve is generally to promote astronomy. It usually surrounding a park or observatory.
CSIR launches anti diabetic ayurvedic drug BGR -34
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) under the aegis of Ministry of Science and Technology, has launched an anti-diabetic ayurvedic capsule priced at Rs. 5 per tablet.
The Capsule named BGR-34, abbreviated name for Blood Glucose Regulator that designed for type 2 diabetes. AIMIL Pharmaceuticals will manufacture this drug and market it.
BGR-34 is developed jointly by the National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI) and the Central Institute for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP).
The capsule can be taken as prescribed by the doctor for diabetes which will be available on all major medical stores in Karnataka and adjoining states.
Most read articles
- Difference between Planning commission and NITI Aayog
- Important events of freedom struggle
- List of Dronacharya Award Recipients
- Indian Polity Mind maps Ebook
- Important passes in Himalayas
- Superlatives of India
- Top spice producing countries
- Types of plains
- 8 simple ways to study current affairs
- Sources of Ancient Indian history - Mind map
- Important environmental acts in India
- List of local winds
- List of Atomic power stations in India
- Indian newspapers before independence
- Ancient and Medieval India
- List of India's largest wind power plants
- Important days for Women
- Sectors of Economy
- Harappan Civilization or Indus valley civilization - Major IVC cities - Mind map
- List of Defence airports in India