Mahashangarh declared as the SAARC cultural capital for 2016-17
An archaeological site in Bogra Bangladesh, Mahasthangarh (3rd century BC site) has been declared as the South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation's (SARRC) cultural capital for the year 2016-17.
The cultural capital will host festivals on literature, films, foods and dances from October 2016 to September 2017.
The same year 2016-17 has also be declared the SAARC Year of Cultural Heritage. Mahasthangarh is one of the earliest urban archaeological sites so far discovered in Bangladesh.
Anju Bobby George, Pullela Gopichand drafted as members of Khelo India
India’s lone athletics World Championship medal winner Anju Bobby George and chief national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand have been drafted as members of Khelo India (7-member committee), a national programme for the development of sports in the country, an initiative by the Government.
The committee will be headed by Sports Secretary Rajiv Yadav.
Bangladesh becomes one of the 1st nations to secure loan from China-led AIIB
Bangladesh has become one of the first countries to have secured a loan from the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
The country will get $165 million for a power distribution system upgrade and expansion project.
The board of the bank approved its first 4 loans totally $509 million to 4 countries (other 3 countries are Pakistan, Indonesia and Takjikistan) within 6 months of its establishment.
Most read articles
- Difference between Planning commission and NITI Aayog
- Important events of freedom struggle
- List of Dronacharya Award Recipients
- Indian Polity Mind maps Ebook
- Important passes in Himalayas
- Superlatives of India
- Top spice producing countries
- Types of plains
- 8 simple ways to study current affairs
- Sources of Ancient Indian history - Mind map
- Important environmental acts in India
- List of local winds
- List of Atomic power stations in India
- Indian newspapers before independence
- Ancient and Medieval India
- List of India's largest wind power plants
- Important days for Women
- Sectors of Economy
- Harappan Civilization or Indus valley civilization - Major IVC cities - Mind map
- List of Defence airports in India